Wednesday, January 26, 2011

About Me!



I decided, after about three blog posts, to put up something about myself and the reason why I created this blog! So here is my mini blog-ography...

I am a university student who believes that looking your best everyday doesn’t start with putting on a ton of make up. The reason I created this blog in the first place is so that I can give tips and tricks on how to look good without constantly having to rely on make up. Things like eating right, using the right cleansers for your skin, etc are the things that are really important to me. But I know like any girl does that make up is fun and exciting and you can’t just simply cross it out of your life. So I decided to give advice to the cautious make up users out there (like myself) on how you can minimize your make up but still look great, polished and put together whether you are at an office, at a party, at school or simply out with friends on a picnic!
I started wearing make up quite late, my proper make up routine started when I was in my first year of university (as I said quite late) and that didn’t even include foundation. All I wore was eye shadow, mascara, blush and some lip-gloss. I came to realize as years went on that for a lot of young girls not wearing make up was disastrous to the point where they wouldn’t go to a grocery store without something on. That saddens me a little because youth is just about that, looking youthful. My childhood was very different, I wasn’t allowed to wear lots of make up because it seemed unnecessary for someone so young to cover up. Plus I felt really uncomfortable and even somewhat self conscious if I did wear it. I felt like everyone was looking at me. As the years went on I realised that life can go on without lots of make up, and that we shouldn’t feel self conscious about our skin because we are all beautiful. And believe me we all have our imperfections! Now in my twenties I do wear some make up, no foundation still although I do use tinted moisturizer. And these are the years where I felt I needed to look a bit more put together and grown up and I feel like these are the years where I started to appreciate what make up can do for me. I like make up very much, my philosophy is simply that make up shouldn’t be the only thing that makes you beautiful!
Aside from all of that another reason why I created this blog is because I love to write. And what better way to do that than to combine it with something I love to write about. I sincerely hope that people can enjoy my blog and will find it useful!

Always feel beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment